The State Bank of Faribault has partnered with MyCorporation as a resource for business owners to obtain required documentation and certification.
MyCorporation is a trusted, quick and reliable resource to help you form a corporation or LLC as well as several other business documents. Add credibility and legitimacy to your business
- Protect personal assets
- Establish a structure for investment capital and loans
- Save on taxes
No business is too big or small to gain substantial benefits from entity formation. Protect your personal assets, build credibility, and create a strong foundation for a successful business.
Incorporate as an LLC or Corporation
Forming as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or corporation limits your legal and financial responsibility as a business owner for the activities and debts of the business. It allows you to create a separation of your business assets and personal assets.
Benefits of incorporating:
- Protection of your personal assets
- Save money on taxes
- Build credibility for your business
Doing Business As (DBA)
A DBA name is an official registration of your business name. A good example is if Jane Smith wanted to start "Jane's Tax Services." she would need to file for a DBA. A sole proprietor can operate under a name other than their legal name which can have many benefits, including added credibility and professionalism, as well as level of separation or anonymity. Filing a DBA also means a sole proprietor can open up a separate bank account under the business name (requirements vary), allowing your customers to make payments to the business itself, instead of to you personally.
Benefits of filing a DBA:
- Accept payments and open bank accounts as your business
- Gain credibility and legitimacy as a business
- Separate your lines of business
Obtain an EIN Tax ID
An Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Federal Tax ID, is a unique number assigned to your business by the Internal Revenue Service that is used to identify a business entity, allowing you to file business income tax returns.
Benefits of filing an EIN:
- Allows you to be able to open a business banking account
- The IRS required that every business have an EIN before hiring employees
- Filing and EIN allows your business to build its credit profile
An Operating Agreement is an agreement among LLC members about its business and the rights and duties of its members. No matter what method you choose to form your business, an operating agreement is an important asset and the foundation of
Benefits of having an operating agreement:
- Clearly outline the details of your business
- Defines roles and responsibilities of the members of the business
- Helps protect your personal assets
Please contact our Personal Bankers if you have questions, or stop in and we will walk you through the process.